At Golden Grape Entertainment, our highest priority is taking care of our fans and employees. When you walk through the doors of the Bert Ogden Arena or H-E-B Park, you are family and this is your home. As such, we take every precaution in caring for our family and ensuring their safety.
In light of the global COVID-19 outbreak, we want to reassure everyone that we are working with local, county, and state health officials, as well as liaising with the USL and NBA G League, all of whom are working in conjunction with the CDC.
There have been some changes to the USL schedule. Most recently, the Toros’ away game this Saturday in San Diego has been postponed until July 29 th . The SD Loyal play on the campus of the University of San Diego, who earlier today enacted a decision to limit campus events as a measure to prevent and reduce the spread of COVID-19 following their local health officials’ recommendations. More schedule changes may be forthcoming in the near future as this fluid situation evolves.
There have also been changes in our day-to-day operations, taking extra precautionary measures to provide a clean, safe, and fun environment at Vipers and Toros games, and at any event at the Bert Ogden Arena or H-E-B Park. Some of those measures include:
• Additional cleaning staff have been added to each event and will be dedicated to wiping down high-traffic / high-touch surfaces and using hospital-grade disinfectant spray throughout each facility.
• Elevator attendants are equipped with disinfected wipes for surfaces in each elevator. Areas of the building, including each seat, are wiped down and disinfected
prior to and following each event.
• Extra soap is available in each restroom and hand sanitizer has been placed throughout the arena and stadium.
• Doors and door handles are regularly disinfected.
• Signage and reminders for personal hygiene are being installed throughout the arena for guests and staff.
While the emergence of the Coronavirus is an evolving situation with many unknowns, there is one thing we know for certain: Education is crucial to keeping our guests and patrons safe. We are equipping our staff with information on how to take care of themselves and help them take better care of our customers. If you see anything that needs to be addressed while attending one of our events, please find a member of our team, or call/ text “CARE” to 956-369-6890. We are here to assist each of you, and to provide you with the best possible experience at every event brought to you by Golden Grape Entertainment. Please follow us on social media for any updates.
We urge everyone to review the latest information regarding the virus at www.cdc.gov, and to practice a few simple preventative measures: