Snake Charmers Auditions
Come audition to be a part of the most beautiful, talented, and exciting dance squad in the NBA G League, The RGV Snake Charmers!
An opportunity to perform at all Vipers home games, learn cutting edge choreography from a former 5 year NBA dancer, and participate in promotional and charity appearances throughout the Rio Grande Valley. Experience the glamour of photo shoots, the excitement of game nights, and the chance to give back to your community.
2017 Snake Charmer Auditions
Saturday August 26, 2017
Registration- 9:00 am
Audition- 10:00 am
End by approx. – 5:30pm
Location – Edinburg Wellness Center 615 E Palm Dr. Edinburg Tx, 78539 Fee – $25
- Closed to the public
- Three rounds of Auditions (Hip Hop, Jazz, Interview)
- You do not need to make up your own routine but there will be a few eights of freestyle
- Judges are looking for dance ability, appearance, showmanship, technique, and personality
- Bring your audition fee, waiver, and a photo ID, dance resume, and 8’10 photo
- Walk-Ups Day of are welcomed!
- Must be at least 18 by August 26th, 2017
- Have a full-time/ part time job or attend school full-time
- Have a High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Have transportation
- Must provide a non-returnable 8’10 photo
- Must complete waiver and submit professional dance resume
- Must be available to commit to 21 out of 24 home games and at least 7 appearances throughout season
- If selected a year contract is required
- No minimum or maximum height/weight requirement, but must look physically fit
- Tattoos must be covered with make up at all times
- Hair should be worn down
- Tryout outfit must show midriff, dance shoes/sneakers or boots with non-marking soles
- Must wear tights
- Rehearsal 2-3 times a week, evenings at Edinburg Wellness Center
- Performance at approx 24 home games
- Completion of at least 7 community appearances
- Snake Charmers are paid for games and some promotional appearances
- Uniforms, boots, poms, warm-ups, practice attire are supplied to each Snake Charmer
AUDITION DAY TIPS
- You MUST wear crop/bra top, dance shorts and flesh tone tights
- Failure to wear recommended attire may result in elimination
- Bikini tops, full length pants or capris will not be permitted
- Make sure your outfit is comfortable and fits securely
- Be prepared for a long day — bring snacks and water
- Bring a warm up suit/cover-up
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What will the judges look for at auditions?
1) Ability to entertain and crowd appeal; 2) Physical fitness and dance ability; 3) Professionalism and ability to speak on the behalf of the Vipers organization.
What should I expect from the interview process? Be prepared to introduce yourself and answer a few questions.
How should I wear my hair and fix my make-up?
Your hair and make-up should be performance quality. Go for glamour! No ponytails or bare faces please.
What is the time commitment and is this a full-time job? This is a part-time job that can have full-time hours during the season.
What should I do to prepare for the tryouts?
We suggest taking jazz & hip-hop classes to prepare you to learn choreography at the audition. We are looking for well-rounded performers that are able to dance a variety of styles to a variety of music.
What are your height and weight requirements?
There are not specific requirements, but team members are required to be in top physical shape and excellent health.
Can my family come and watch auditions?
No, auditions are closed to the public.
Warm up/ Intro: 10:00am – 10:30am
Hip Hop Choreography: 10:30am – 11:30am
Review on own/break 11:30 – 12:00pm
Round 1 cuts 12:00pm – 1:00pm
Jazz Choreography 1:00pm – 2:00pm
Review on own/break 2:00pm – 2:30pm
Round 2 cuts 2:30pm – 3:30pm
Interview with panel of judges 3:30pm – 5:00pm
Announce team approx. 5:30pm